Comment:
I'm 100% in for innovation and technology, but we all should have second thoughts about where this is leading to. I found this nice video and article which makes you think about the evolution of one off the biggest companies on the internet: Google. I don't want to insult Google with this blog or something and I don't hate Google (in fact, I'm making promotion for it, by calling the name "Google" 6 times in this comment), but I do think it's time that we start thinking about the power the internet-companies are getting!
Google is and was one of the biggest innovative companies, but aren't they getting too much power? Knowing what I'm searching for on the internet is "ok" for me, knowing what my interests are is "ok" for me, knowing how my house looks is less "ok" for me, but where is this going to?
Maybe some of the readers of this blog think that this doesn't fit on a blog called "innovation", but I think it does. I think we shouldn't always look at the positive things of (technologic) evolution, but also at the consequences it has. This video may be made by some competing company that wants to inflict some damage to the image we have of Google. but I like to see it as a nice starter for a discussion about the overwhelming power and knowledge internet companies are getting.
By the way; they aren't even internet-companies anymore, because they also invest in other companies and other products besides the internet.
Article:
There is a hilarious video roaming around the net that is again about Google (I guess when you’re so damn famous others can’t help but do something bad so you can have less of your popularity). If you’re reading this I doubt that you have not used any of Google’s services or application one way or another.
Now you could watch the video clip and I would bet you would believe what the video has to say about Google Invasion. In one way or another I would say I was somehow convinced. Not really 100% convince but more of a thinking that it could be possible. The video does make sense in a way, perhaps it can be possible, but with all the stones being thrown at Google could this be another way of Google’s enemies to get even with the company? I just can’t help but think that this is just a video to ruin and shatter Google into pieces.
The video (if you have not watched it yet) is all about how Google is trying to get into each and every people’s lives by the use of internet. Going back to the past Google is just a simple search engine creating money from traffic and ads it’s shoveling from their bread and butter ‘Google.com’. Now we have all different kinds of Google products and software that is helping us get organized in our daily tasks and lives.
Google has indeed acquired many companies and has produced different programs concerning different aspects of life. Can it really be possible that Google is doing all these to get a leech on our necks? So again the video is an eye opening of what Google wants to acquire and own, that in the long run can be a way for Google to know everything about us and black mail us if we don’t do what they want.
But then again that is just an opinion and soon can be a way of thinking of those people who will see the video clip. But what if this is just a hoax from one of Google’s enemy? The video is really creepy but if in case this is true I doubt that Google will be invading us anytime soon! I still believe that there is a good heart behind Google, just look how they treat their employees (I’m a Google employee wannabe).
Source: http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/google-will-kill-us-all/
No comments:
Post a Comment